** This position is not funded by or affiliated with Wilson County Government. Please contact the Lebanon Wilson Chamber of Commerce with any questions regarding this position at (615) 444-5503.**
The new Director of Wilson Works will be responsible for development and execution of a Workforce Development strategy and implementation for Wilson County.
The successful candidate will have practical understanding of the needs of Wilson County and the needs from the employer perspective of skills required in a wide variety of careers. A global view of the future needs and how to evaluate the changes today building the path of achievement to eliminate the skills gap that currently exists. Provide direction for development of technological focus from education to implementation. Strong skill sets include consensus building, strategic thinking, flexible approach, independent and team functionality, creative approach and political savvy. Econonlic Development and/ or Workforce Development experience are key.
- Leads and participates in the development of policy, vision, and mission; works with boards, staff, and other related agencies in collaboratively planning and implementing service delivery, collects necessary, partners with client for input to conduct program evaluation and leads in program re-design, if necessary.
- Oversees and participates in grant development and administration, budget development, procurement, and related fiscal monitoring of revenue goals; coordinates with County and/or Lebanon Wilson County Chamber of Conmerce fiscal staff as needed.
- Works with a wide variety of community and governmental agencies, educational institutions, employers, businesses and other groups to identify comprehensive needs and strategies; markets programs; promotes community education and awareness related to training and employment issues.
- Leads in developing multi-year plan, policies and strategies; develops contracts; provides technical guidance and assists in rapid response activities.
- Works as a liaison to Wilson County Schools, LSSD, Chambers of Commerce, Economic Development Directors, local elected officials, etc.
- As program grows, performs all personnel related functions including recruitment and selection, performance coaching and evaluation, training, staff development, motivation, communication and building shared vision.
POSITION DESCRIPTION CONTINUED
Additional Job Duties
- Performs related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowleclge of the physical, econonlic, and social characteristics of Wilson County.
- Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures related to personnel, budgeting, and purchasing.
- Skill in the use of facilitation, negotiation, mediation, collaborative conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently supervise a prograln and staff including all related fimctions associated with personnel, program adlninistration, budget Inonitoring, and evaluation.
- Ability to provide leadership in the developnent and conmunication of mission, vision, prograln goals, etc.; and create collaborative shared vision and eff01ts atnong varied related agencies in attainment of these goals.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with local education, local govermnents, private industty, general public, state agencies, and other entities.
- Ability to build and maintain cooperative and effective public relations with the community.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective data collection and records managment skills and prepare technical reports and documents.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally and courteously with other employees and customers. Work effectively as a team contributer on assignments.
- Understand the necessity to efficiently and effectively interact, cotnmunicate and coordinate work efforts with other employees and organizations in an effective manner to accomplish common task
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and to conduct business in an ethical manner at all times, maintain regular and punctual attendance; function in highly stressful circumstances and situations
Desirable Education and Experience
- Graduation from college or university with a degree in economic development, civillian services, psychology, social work, public administration or related field
- Continuous progression of responsibilities in management, leadership and training programs; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.