Applicant Certification Agreement
1. I hereby affirm that the information provided on this application (and accompanying resume, if any) is true and complete and correct. I understand that falsified information or significant omissions may disqualify me and my application from further considerations for employment and may be considered justification for dismissal if discovered at a later date.
2. I expressly authorize without reservation the employer, its representatives, employees or agents to contact and obtain information from all references (personal and professional), employers, public agencies, licensing authorizes and educational institutions to verify accuracy of all information provided by me in this application, resume, or job interview. I hereby waive any and all rights and claims I may have regarding the employer, its agents, employees or representatives, for seeking, gathering and using such information in the employment process and others persons, corporations, organizations for furnishing such information about me. I understand that because I am applying for a County position that my application becomes part of public record and may be viewed upon request.
3. I understand that the employer does not unlawfully discriminate in employment and no questions on this application is used for the purpose of limited or excusing any applicant from consideration from employment on a basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal law.
4. I understand this application remains current for only 30 days. At the conclusion of that time, if I have not heard from the employer and still wish to be considered from employment, it will be necessary to reapply and fill out a new application.
5. If I am hired, I understand that I am free to resign at any time with or without cause and without prior notice, and the employer reserves the same right to terminate my employment at any time with or without cause and without prior notice, except as required by law. This application does not constitute an agreement or contract of employment for any specified period or definite duration. I understand that no supervisor or representative of the employer is authorized to make any assurances to the contrary and that no implied, oral or written agreements contrary to the foregoing express language are valid unless they are in writing and signed by the County Mayor. I also understand that if I am hired, I will be required to provide proof of identity and legal authority to work in the United States and that federal immigration laws require me to complete an I-9 Form in this regard.
6. Applicants may be subject to pre-screening requirements including drug screening, background check, physical, motor vehicle record check, reference check, written testing, criminal records check, and fingerprinting. I hereby authorize the County to conduct all pre-employment inquiries and tests as described. I release the County and all providers of information from any liability arising out of the gathering and use of such information.